Saskatoon | APPLY
Please read the information below before continuing on to the application. We will not personally respond or answer any questions that are addressed here. Thank you for respecting this!
TCU Place, Saskatoon
November 1 // 5- 8pm
November 2 // 10am – 5pm
November 1 // 10am – 3pm
Will take place after the Market on:
NOTE: We will be scheduling blocks of load in /out times, more info upon acceptance.
Applications are due July 23 @ 11:59PM
Notifications will be sent by July 27. You will hear from us either way, please check your junkmail folder, your ‘promotions’ or ‘updates’ folder on Gmail. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list & contacts, as our mass emails often get flagged as junk.
It is your responsibility to check all your folders on this date for your notification.
Please note we no longer provide feedback for any applications that are not accepted.
BOOTH PAYMENT DEADLINE
August 6 @ 11:59PM
REFUND FOR CANCELLATION DEADLINE
September 21 (less a $25 admin fee)
FEES + BOOTH SIZES
$300 + GST – 10ft across x 5 ft deep
$500 + GST – 10 x 10 ft space
$1150 + GST – 20 ft across x 10 ft deep
PREMIUM corner spot 10 x 5 – $400 + GST
PREMIUM corner spot 10 x 10 – $600 + GST
Corner spots and 10 x 20 booths are extremely limited, these will be 1st come 1st serve, based on date of application + time stamp.
To note: Booth pricing has been reduced for our 1st time in Sasktoon. Prices will be subject to change at future markets.
We are looking for Saskatoon’s best food + drink vendors to part of our cafe area.
We worked with TCU to lift their rules for our market + allow makers in the food and beverage industry to come in + sell their goods. We are very thankful to them for this agreement.
There will be a designated area, with seating, for shoppers to enjoy a tasty treat or beverage on site.
If you are interested in being part of our cafe please apply under the CAFE category or email us with any questions.
WHAT THE FEE COVERS
It guarantees your spot in the Third + Bird Market
We pride ourselves on the promotion of the Market + you, our amazing vendors. We utilize many forms of public advertising and social media to do so. Be sure to link to your own social media pages and put your best foot forward. Each and every maker will be featured on our social media accounts.
Your square footage you applied for.
NO TABLES OR CHAIRS are provided. Feel free to bring your own or get creative with your space.
Electrical access can be provided by TCU at an additional fee of $60 per booth.
FACTORS FOR ACCEPTANCE
We receive more applications than we can accept. Every application is juried by an unbiased panel. All applications are reviewed, and a decision is made based on several factors, listed below. Vendors who have participated in our previous sales are not automatically accepted. By putting everyone on the same playing field, we allow new artisans the opportunity to apply and get in. This keeps the sale fresh, new and exciting for all to enjoy. What we look for:
- Creative + original ideas, independent design OR products hand- crafted by you
- We do not accept applications selling vintage/antique items for re- sale.
- Your work is unique. You offer a well-diversified product line, or if you have one product, there are a variety of styles, colors, sizes and flavours.
- Lack of similarity to products already in the marketplace. Show us that your work avoids saturated trends! We love to see new ideas.
- If you fall into a saturated category (currently: kids/baby, beard oil, knitting, calligraphy, bath + body) you need to stand-above the rest – this could be through quality, packaging, uniqueness and your display, Social media accounts + photo quality are closely looked at when tough decisions are needed to be made. We only accept a limited amount of each type of product.
- A cohesive product offering – if you sell a variety of categories, do they all fit within a theme that ties them together
Applications must include clear information about your products if part of your product is out-sourced (eg: if products are purchased/ made in China etc). All out-sourced products must be ethically produced either locally or overseas. Please provide evidence of this in your application if applicable.
SOCIAL MEDIA WRITEUP
Please provide a write up written in the third person. Parameters will be : 3 sentence max + 150 letter character limit This will be the writeup used for our post showcasing you. Please keep it light + fun. Visit our IG page and read some of our past vendor posts for inspiration.
Eg:@utoffeea (your handle doesn’t count in character count) is handcrafted toffee at its finest! Combing layers of roasted cashews, crunchy toffee + swirled chocolate. Utoffea is the perfect savoury sweet treat. Ideal for gift – giving.
If you are a NEW vendor to Third + Bird, please email us SEPARATELY a photo or drawn mockup of your display. Do NOT upload a photo of your booth to this application.
** We understand your vision can evolve and adjustments may occur after acceptance into the market. That’s ok, just keep us in the loop! Take a look at our Pinterest page for photos of vendors displays that have “set the bar” and have what Third + Bird is looking for.
- Must be SQUARE FORMAT + UNDER 1 MB.
- Our application system will allow you to submit SIX photos. These must be SINGLE-PHOTO images, not collages. Please do not submit photos with any watermarks or logos, they will not be considered. Also PLEASE LOOK AT OUR INSTAGRAM for photo inspiration on product photos and flatlays. This is the quality and professionalism we are looking for.
- Please do not upload photos of product that you will not be selling, or will be out of stock!
- Photos submitted can and will be used on social media, Third + Bird newsletters and website. Only submit photos of product that will be for sale at the Market.
- Please note that for ANY photo submitted we will only make ONE tag for you the maker. We will not be tagging photographers, make up artists, models, etc. It can be confusing + requires extra work on our part. Please be mindful what photos you send.
PLEASE NOTE MANDATORY RAFFLE DONATION ITEM!!
All accepted vendors are expected to contribute an item/items or gift certificate worth approximately $25 to the silent auction – ALL proceeds of the auction support our Full Circle program. Tax receipts will be provided upon request at the end of 2019, please email us in December 2019 to be added to this list.
By applying, you’ll be added to our email newsletter.
We want to make it very clear that this is not an easy process. We are so appreciative of the ever growing interest in our Third + Bird Markets. If we could wave a magic wand and have all of you in the sale we would. If you do not get in, please know that it’s not a personal thing against you or your product, we VALUE you as an artisan.
Thank you all again for your interest in Third + Bird. We are humbled to have the opportunity to support so many amazing artisans.
Chandra Kremski + Charla Smeall
Third + Bird Urban Market