new vendor application
Welcome to the Third + Bird Spring Market! Third + Bird is Winnipeg’s largest urban market. Hosting carefully curated events that provide fun and inspiring gathering places for artisans + shoppers to meaningfully connect.
Third + Bird Markets elevate and give spotlight to small businesses who are pushing the small business industry through modern design, fresh ideas + creative branding. Our Spring + Christmas Market combined, bring in over $1.5 million in vendor revenue, with over 20,000 (and growing) shoppers, ready to buy your product! We pride ourselves on creating a unique shopping experience filled with inspiring visuals, food + drink, live music and infectious energy!
‘Skip the mall, Shop mall’ is a movement we are proud to be industry leaders in.
Going into our 10th year, we continue to hold the vision + passion which started on day one.
- We support artisans by giving them a platform to showcase + sell.
- We create events for shoppers that seek to support local small businesses.
- We give back by creating a full circle event, through our partnership with the Nepali Women’s Co-op.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you success!
Chandra Kremski and Charla Smeall
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to read the application carefully and in its entirety. Also, be sure to review our FAQs. By applying, you’ll be added to our artisans + growers email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
FACTORS FOR ACCEPTANCE
We receive more applications than we can accept. Every application is juried by an unbiased panel. All applications are reviewed, and a decision is made based on several factors, listed below. Vendors who have participated in our previous sales are not automatically accepted. By putting everyone on the same playing field, we allow new artisans the opportunity to apply and get in. In Spring 2017 we accepted 28 NEW makers into the marke and 28 at Christmas. This keeps the sale fresh, new and exciting for all to enjoy.
What we look for:
- Creative + original ideas, independent design OR products hand-crafted by you
- We do not accept applications selling vintage/antique items for re-sale.
- Your work is unique. You offer a well-diversified product line, or if you have one product, there are a variety of styles, colors, sizes and flavours.
- Lack of similarity to products already in the marketplace. Show us that your work avoids saturated trends! We love to see new ideas.
- If you fall into a saturated category (currently: kids/baby, beard oil, knitting, calligraphy, bath + body) you need to stand-above the rest – this could be through quality, packaging, uniqueness and your display, Social media accounts + photo quality are closely looked at when tough decisions are needed to be made. We only accept a limited amount of each type of product.
- A cohesive product offering – if you sell a variety of categories, do they all fit within a theme that ties them together
- Applications must include clear information about your products if part of your product is out-sourced. All out-sourced products must be ethically produced either locally or overseas. Please provide evidence of this in your application if applicable.
***To best serve our shoppers, accepted vendors cannot participate in another market/sale/popup 3 weeks prior to our Market (April 13 – May 5) within Winnipeg. Please note that running out of stock before the end of the market may jeopardize your place in future Third and Bird Markets.