Saskatoon | APPLY
Please read the information below before continuing to the application. We will not personally respond or answer any questions that are addressed below. Thank you for respecting this!
TCU Place, Saskatoon
Friday October 9 // 5- 9pm
Saturday October 10 // 10am – 5pm
October 9 // 9am – 3pm
Will take place after the Market on:
NOTE: We will be scheduling blocks of load in/out times, more info upon acceptance.
Applications are due April 10 @ 11:59PM
Notifications will be sent by April 30. You will hear from us either way, please check your junk mail folder, (your ‘promotions’ or ‘updates’ folder in Gmail). Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list & contacts, as our mass emails often get flagged as junk.
It is your responsibility to check all your folders on this date for your notification.
Please note we no longer provide feedback for any applications that are not accepted.
Option 1: Full payment with option of a full refund (less a $50 admin fee) by August 25, 2020. With this option you pay upfront, but have a longer grace period for a refund. This is our standard practice.
Option 2 : A non-refundable $50 deposit upon acceptance, this will hold your spot. Full payment due by July 10, 2020 with no exception for refund after July10 due date. This option allows deferred payment, but shorter cancellation policy. You can pay for your booth in instalments or in one lump sum between April 30 – July 10th.
FEES + BOOTH SIZES
$350 + GST – 10 ft across x 5 ft deep
$550 + GST – 10 x 10 ft space
$1200+ GST – 20 ft across x 10 ft deep
PREMIUM corner spot 10 x 5 – $450 + GST
PREMIUM corner spot 10 x 10 – $650 + GST
Corner spots and 10 x 20 booths are extremely limited, these will be 1st come 1st served, based on date of application + timestamp.
We are looking for Saskatoon’s best food + drink vendors to be part of our cafe area.
We worked with TCU to lift their rules for our market to allow makers in the food and beverage industry to come in + sell their goods. We are very thankful to them for this agreement.
There will be a designated area, with seating, for shoppers to enjoy a tasty treat or beverage on site.
If you are interested in being part of our cafe please apply under the CAFE category or email us with any questions.
WHAT THE FEE COVERS
- It guarantees your spot in the Third + Bird Market.
- We pride ourselves on the promotion of the Market + you, our amazing vendors. We utilize many forms of public advertising and social media to do so. Be sure to link to your own social media pages and put your best foot forward. Each and every maker will be featured on our social media accounts.
- The square footage you applied for.
NO TABLES OR CHAIRS are provided. Feel free to bring your own or get creative with your space.
Electrical access can be provided by TCU at an additional fee of $60 per booth.
FACTORS FOR ACCEPTANCE
We receive more applications than we can accept. Every application is juried by an unbiased panel. All applications are reviewed, and a decision is made based on several factors, listed below. Vendors who have participated in our previous sales are not automatically accepted. By putting everyone on the same playing field, we allow new artisans the opportunity to apply and get in. This keeps the sale fresh, new, and exciting for everyone. What we look for:
- Creative + original ideas, independent design OR products hand-crafted by you
- We do not accept applications selling vintage/antique items for re-sale.
- Work that is unique. Offer a well-diversified product line, or if you have one product, offer a variety of styles, colors, sizes and flavours.
- Lack of similarity to products already on the market. Show us that your work avoids saturated trends! We love to see new ideas.
- If you fall into a saturated category, (currently: kids/baby, beard oil, knitting, calligraphy, bath + body) you need to stand above the rest – this could be through quality, packaging, uniqueness or your display, Social media accounts + photo quality are closely looked at when tough decisions are need to be made. We only accept a limited amount of each type of product.
- A cohesive product offering – if you sell a variety of categories, they all need to fit within a theme that ties them together.
Applications must include clear information about your products if part of your product is out-sourced (eg: if products are purchased/made in China etc). All out-sourced products must be ethically produced either locally or overseas. Please provide evidence of this in your application if applicable.
Current Vendors who are accepted into our Winnipeg Spring Market:
If you have been accepted to our Winnipeg Spring Market (April 18 + 19, 2020) you will only be required to apply with what booth options you would like.
We will use your photos from the last round of applications, as we understand due to COVID-19, photoshoots + new product launches have been put on hold.
If you are NOT a vendor in our Winnipeg Spring Market (April 18 + 19, 2020) You will be required to complete the full application + upload 6 photos. We understand that due to COVID-19, photoshoots and new product launches may be postponed. Please let us know in your application about any items you will have for sale that aren’t pictured in your application photos.
SOCIAL MEDIA WRITE-UP
Please provide a write-up written in the third person. Parameters will be: 3 sentences max + 150 letter character limit. This will be the write-up used for our post showcasing you. Please keep it light + fun. Visit our Instagram page and read some of our past vendor posts for inspiration.
Eg:@utoffeea (your handle doesn’t count in character count) is handcrafted toffee at its finest! Combing layers of roasted cashews, crunchy toffee + swirled chocolate. Utoffea is the perfect savoury sweet treat. Ideal for gift giving.
If you are a NEW vendor to Third + Bird, please email us SEPARATELY a photo or drawn mockup of your display. Do NOT upload a photo of your booth to this application.
** We understand your vision can evolve and adjustments may occur after acceptance into the market. That’s ok, just keep us in the loop! Take a look at our Pinterest page for photos of vendor displays that have “set the bar” and have what Third + Bird is looking for.
- Must be SQUARE FORMAT + UNDER 1 MB.
- Our application system will allow you to submit SIX photos. These must be SINGLE-PHOTO images, not collages. Please do not submit photos with any watermarks or logos, they will not be considered. Also, PLEASE LOOK AT OUR INSTAGRAM for photo inspiration on product photos and flat lays. This is the quality and professionalism we are looking for.
- Please do not upload photos of products that you will not be selling, or will be out of stock!
- Photos submitted can and will be used on social media, and the Third + Bird newsletters and website. Only submit photos of products that will be for sale at the Market.
- Please note that for ANY photo submitted we will only make ONE tag for you the maker. We will not be tagging photographers, makeup artists, models, etc. It can be confusing + requires extra work on our part. Please be mindful of what photos you send.
PLEASE NOTE MANDATORY RAFFLE DONATION ITEM!!
All accepted vendors are expected to contribute an item/items or gift certificate worth approximately $25 to the silent auction – ALL proceeds of the auction support our Full Circle program. Tax receipts will be provided upon request at the end of 2019, please email us in December 2019 to be added to this list.
By applying, you’ll be added to our email newsletter.
We want to make it very clear that this is not an easy process. We are so appreciative of the ever growing interest in our Third + Bird Markets. If we could wave a magic wand and have all of you in the sale we would. If you do not get in, please know that it’s not a personal thing against you or your product, we VALUE you as an artisan.
Thank you all again for your interest in Third + Bird. We are humbled to have the opportunity to support so many amazing artisans.
Chandra Kremski + Charla Smeall
Third + Bird Urban Market